Friday, August 5, 2011

Repurposed Plates and Classic Art

Well, this certainly is an altered perspective. I found myself really having to stare at these a while to fully take in the concept. Repurposed plates and classic art paintings merged together.





There is an asymetry about the placement of the plates on the wall that throws me for some reason...but at the same time draws me in to linger a while. The paintings are not complete, but the mind fills in the blanks as if seeing the full painting.

I'm on the fence. What about you? Want to see more? Hop over to the Little Owl gallery and look at the altered perspective gallery.

Until next time...
Michael

Stumble this post

2 comments:

  1. at first it seems a little odd but after a few minutes of looking at it I actually really liked it. It's intriguing and captivating-as is any good art. I picture this in an office filled with old dusty books and a brown wore leather wing chair.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan, but I think I would like it more if the plates were placed closer together on the wall?

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com